We carry out annual parents’ surveys, the results of these are used to help us continually improve our provision and are used to support the Senior Leadership Team and the Governors to make decisions about our future priorities.
On the 2019 survey the areas with the most positive responses were:
- My child enjoys school – Strongly agree/agree 96%.
- The school is a welcoming and pleasant place to visit – Strongly agree/agree 92%.
- The school provides good outdoor learning experiences e.g Forest school and educational visits- Strongly agree/agree 96%.
Areas identified for development are:
- I think the school system for reward and praise is effective.
- The school supports parents with how to help their children make good progress.
- The school has a good reputation in the local community.
We are working with pupils to further consider our behaviour policy and our reward systems. We have organised parent workshops for our key stage 1 pupils to support parents with learning at home . We also provide parents with information on specific targets identified from our PiXL assessments and tips for helping with these at home during our parents evenings. We have started a Facebook page to share all of our achievements and on which we celebrate all that Kenley has to offer.
During 2020/2021 the school priority has been to ensure the effective provision of remote and blended learning – this has therefore been the focus of our parent surveys which were carried out in September 2020 and January 2021.
To see the full survey results please open the documents below.